Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Grandpas...

A specific grandpa actually...
This guy.
Manuel Pimentel Perez

He was a man of many Cheetos kisses, jokes
and a lot of LOVE. I think of him often, when I hear
or merely think of  McDonald's, cappuccino, arroz
con leche, syrup mixed with peanut butter on saltines
(Don't knock it til you try it), Tootsie Roll Pops,
The Wesley and of course Las Mañanitas. 
I was so blessed to have been his grand-daughter. 
He was crabby which is how he earned his nick 
name of Grumpy from myself. But he was also super 
sweet and lovable and hilarious! It's hard to believe
it has been 5 months give or take a few days
since he has been gone. I guess it's his voice I 
miss most, living away from family as I do, I live
on phone conversations with those I love! 
Plus the man had a great voice! I mean, after all, 
he was in a mariachi band! 
He has just been on my mind and I wanted to share
and take a little time remembering...
A kiss just for me! 


Um...can you say movie star looks? Wow!

See you tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment