My big sis was helping me think of something
to make for dinner last night. She was scouring
Pinterest, I was scouring my fridge and cupboards
to find the magical, matching ingredients.
By gosh, we finally got it!
Ham and Cheese Scones from A Beautiful Bite!!!
Ham and Cheese Scones
Canadian ham (I used peppered ham), cheddar cheese and onions (no onion for us!) baked into a hearty scone. The perfect sidekick to your favorite salad or soup.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 Tbsp butter, at room temperature (I used vegan butter)
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp milk (I used Almond milk)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Canadian ham, diced (I used peppered ham)
- ½ large onion, diced (left out of recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with pastry cutter or the tines of a fork.
- Add milk and mix just until incorporated. Fold in cheese, ham and onion. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead gently for several minutes. (I kneaded my dough on wax paper as I used every bit of flour I had for the recipe, it worked great!)
- Press dough into a 1½” thick circle and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400º for thirty minutes or until golden brown. (I didn't press into a pan, I just shaped it on the wax paper and flipped it onto the cookie sheet)
I was going to say I followed the directions
to a T. But as you can see with all of the red
up there, that would be a lie. But even making
the several changes I did. It still came out
perfect and absolutely delish!
And after oven...
(A little pac man action...)
We added a side of green beans and dinner
was served! I also just had leftovers for
lunch with an easy mac cup! Also a perfect
Try it! It's easy and you will love it!
It's almost Friday!