Thursday, January 23, 2014

Make these...

There's something about when my husband says
"(Blank) sounds good!" Suddenly I'm on this
mission, even if I don't have all of the ingredients.
I was sans brown sugar among other things when
he casually mentioned how good oatmeal cookies
sounded. So I began searching for a recipe. While
reading a yahoo answers forum, I came across

I must warn you, these taste nothing like an 
oatmeal cookie, In fact I think they may more 
closely in some weird unexplainable way 
resemble a pecan sandie, they have no pecans
so I cant figure out where the comparison 
comes in. 

I followed the directions pretty closely other than
 the flour because I just had some random amount 
of flour, it was definitely less than what was called
 for. I also squeezed in a generous amount of agave
 nectar, due to the fact that I read without brown 
sugar, these cookies would likely be hard. I like
a soft cookie, so I decided to improvise. I 
cooked mine for 15 minutes.

Isabella's Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup butter 
1/2 cup sugar 
tsp vanilla 
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oats
Dash salt, optional
Powdered Sugar 

Cream butter and sugar until light. Mix in
 vanilla, then flour, oats and salt. Chill 
thoroughly. Shape into small balls and
 place 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking 
sheet. Flatten with a fork, crisscrossing.
 Bake at 350 degrees for 12-18 minutes 
(depending on your oven). Sprinkle with
 Powdered Sugar


Enjoy! These are delish!

It's almost Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment