Monday, August 15, 2016

Where The Light Gets In...

WHERE THE LIGHT GETS IN: Losing My Mother Only to Find Her Again. **

When choosing a book, I tend to lean towards whatever is positive, and beautiful, and fun. This time I chose a true story about a real disease afflicting a real family.  Well this book ended up being positive, and beautiful, and fun but in a different way. In a more real way. There is absolute beauty in the rawness of Kimberly Williams-Paisley's story. There is positivity in the message, there is fun in the memories. But don't get me wrong, be ready to feel all the feels, be ready to cry, and giggle a little here and there too. This book is written with such a personal voice and Williams-Paisley invites us in to see tid-bits of "Old mom" and "New mom" as she calls her. She invites us to experience a real disease, to see the affect on a family, and she lets us in to the darkest parts of her heart. For that I am grateful. This book is touching and I know so many lives will be changed by reading it. 





For more info, please visit the links below:


**I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment